Managed Care Sales SpecialistOUT0102KCSan Francisco, California
Provide sales teams with technical and sales presentation support to help secure new business, successful customer integration and the utilization of established products in the Reno and Northern California Territory. Support unit sales plan through pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities. Trouble-shoot established products as needed.
- Prepare and present technical proposals on how Medline's products can meet customer needs.
- Call on potential and existing customers
- Participate in continuing education programs appropriate to this position and maintain current knowledge of government regulations and industry best practices.
- Analyze customer's system and product needs. Research customer's business.
- Develop target lists of potential accounts and conduct market research on new business opportunities.
- Gather data and information on customers and participate in developing presentations relative to keeping customers current on program and product enhancements.
- Meet ongoing company compliance with laws and regulations; ensure that the company meets or exceeds accreditation standards; and implement “best practices” in all department activities. Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies. Initiate appropriate actions on reports and recommendations provided by authorized inspection agencies.
- Understand both Medicare and Managed Care Plans implications on reimbursement to homecare customers
- RFP/RFI response. capabilities and C-Suite Contract Negotiations.
- Work in conjunction with business analyst to evaluate customer spend and operational cost data to make recommendations for business process improvement.
- 53+ years of consecutive growth
- 550,000+ products and counting
- More than 20,000 employees spanning the globe
- No.1 privately held manufacturer & distributor of health care products in the U.S.
- 1,600 and growing sales representatives across the continuum of care
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Rx plan
- 401k with company match
Why Medline Sales?
- Lucrative Incentive Driven Earnings Potential
- Proven Training Infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial Work Environment
- Mileage Reimbursement, Company Credit Card, Cell Phone, and Laptop
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 3 years outside business-to-business sales experience; autonomy and accountability.
Experience presenting to and communicating with various audiences (ex. others with differing language, senior management and non-technical audiences).
Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or training staff.
Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
At least 2 years of experience selling to headquarter level personnel.
- Willing to travel at least 80% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Previous experience selling in hospital and/or healthcare industry.
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook