Machine Operator I - Night ShiftMAC0100C9Lithia Springs, Georgia
We is hiring for multiple full time Machine Operators for our night shift (6:30pm - 6am) on a rotating work schedule 4 nights on/4 nights off!
Under guidance from experienced Operators, will monitor automatic and semi-automatic machinery used in the production of Medline Industries product. Instrumental in maintaining continuous operation of production equipment by efficiently loading materials onto the machine. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Completely and clearly completes all quality and production paperwork as required. Inspects raw materials for conformance to quality specifications. Actively participates in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
Essential functions include, but not limited to:
- Operate converting and packaging machinery to manufacture products at the highest quality and efficiency standards. Meet all safety, quality, and production goals.
- Load raw material rolls onto the machine using overhead gantries and material handling equipment. Sets up splices to ensure highest possible uptime and minimal disruption to the manufacturing process. Load glue melters with hot melt materials using proper personal protective equipment (PPE). Load and splice elastic threads. Clean mill house and SAP applicators daily. Removes raw material packaging and waste products to proper receptacle and maintains a neat and orderly workspace throughout the workday. Examine completed work (in-process and finished goods) to detect product defects and verify conformance to specifications. Load and seal boxes as needed. Assist in daily preventative maintenance activities.
- Must have knowledge of the diaper manufacturing production process including raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the safe, efficient manufacture of goods. Must properly and completely fill out all quality related and production related paperwork
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds of weight throughout the workday; Must be able to work in a noisy environment with an elevated level of debris; Must use Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. dust mask, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.); Must be able to work in elevated places and tight, small spaces.
- Must be willing to travel abroad for training purposes without company sponsorship.