MedTrans is Medline Industries’ own national transportation fleet consisting of 600+ trucks that deliver our lifesaving products day in and day out. Our fleet consists of newer equipment, and our dedicated team makes over 700,000 deliveries annually. Each year our fleet travels approximately 25 million miles. We manage a network of over 40 distribution centers nationally, and provide 1-day shipping to 95% of the U.S.. With MedTrans, you can be confident our transportation team will get the job done.
Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the assigned MedTrans fleet including proper maintenance and the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and drivers. Ensure compliance with all state Department of Transportation (DOT) and Company regulations.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
In return, Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; along with a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; education assistance; 401(k) with company match and much more!
- Optimize daily routes and activities based on branch and fleet workloads as well as available Customer order information.
- Ensure all drivers are properly trained according to MedTrans requirements.
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained in accordance with the MedTrans vehicle maintenance policy.
- Recruit, hire, train and discipline all drivers.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with drivers as required by DOT and/or company policy.
- Lead day-to-day activities of employees. Assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience managing and dispatching drivers and use of routing software.
- At least 2 years of experience coaching, mentoring and training staff.
- Intermediate knowledge of Transportation Costing and Motor Carrier Operations.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).