SVP Manufacturing OperationsSEN01006VWaukegan, Illinois
Medline has an immediate opening for a Sr. Vice President of Manufacturing Operations for the Sterile Procedure Tray (SPT) Division in Waukegan, IL. This position will be oversee and manage the operations for a $1.2B manufacturing division with 5 North American locations. The SVP of Manufacturing Operations will apply process, quality and production improvement methodologies in developing and implementing policies and procedures, formulating manufacturing operations strategies, building and mentoring manufacturing employees and driving business results. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a successful background in Manufacturing Operations. This person will need to have both strong analytical and communication skills, with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional leadership, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Ensure efficient operation of all manufacturing facilities by evaluating each plant's cost, quality and service level performance. Provide engineering and technical guidance for all facilities to meet or exceed business goals. Drive overall improvement and growth strategies at each facility.
- Meet customer requirements by directing plant operations according to established company policies. Minimize and resolve external business related concerns by maintaining liaison with local and divisional quality, R&D, marketing and facility staff to investigate and resolve customer issues.
- Direct all activities within the facility by coordinating requirements with leadership, sales, engineering, procurement, production, shipping/receiving, maintenance, quality functions and technology centers.
- Interact with other manufacturing units, marketing/sales, customer service, purchasing and distribution on a regular basis to ensure that new products, processes, plans, promotions, and service requirements are translated into manufacturing operational plans.
- Assist the executive team in developing and implementing an overall manufacturing and related business strategy for in order to support business objectives.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies/investment proposals, which will allow the company to achieve competitive advantages, service leadership, and cost reductions through more efficient manufacturing methods including automation, systems, software, and hardware. Ensure that quality, cost and production targets and metrics are identified and delivered.
- Monitor the financial reports, direct changes and process improvements to ensure business unit profitability. Prepare and manage capital project budgets for cost reduction, quality improvement and production expansion at existing facilities, or at new facilities as may be required to support business objectives. Develops the necessary capital programs for the site to maintain its manufacturing competitiveness in its market.
- Maintain a safe and injury free environment and enforce the HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental standards) policy in the plant. Monitor the HSE of the facilities by encouraging safe, clean, and secure working environment for our employees. Direct regular safety audits and review the effectiveness of programs and processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external health, safety and environmental (HSE) regulations. Direct the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (FDA compliance). Ensure that the facility is aware of cGMP and follows ISO requirements.
- Management responsibilities include:
- Strategic, tactical and operational planning (24 + months) for the function or department;
- Direct budgetary responsibility for one or more departments, functions or major projects/programs;
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects and develops;
- Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies;
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical function such as Science or Engineering.
- At least 7 years of plant management experience to include operations strategy, development, and execution.
- At least 10 years of manufacturing experience in a high-volume, multi-site process manufacturing organization with responsibility spanning quality, manufacturing and engineering.
- At least 10 years of manufacturing experience with operations strategy, development, and execution.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience presenting to senior management with the purpose of influencing company or client decisions.
- Experience and skills influencing, leading and directing individuals in multiple functional areas.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams designed for continuous improvement projects.
- Experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel 20-25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state, international).
- MBA or Master’s Degree.
- Management experience in one of the following industries: chemicals, plastics, or other process manufacturing.
- Experience applying lean/Six Sigma principles in manufacturing, plant operations, and engineering.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification a plus