Instructional DesignerSAL0100XMNorthfield, Illinois
Design learning solutions to drive sales rep performance. This role will work cross-functionally to research, create and implement learning and development strategies and initiatives with attention to visual design and adult learning principles.
Create and implement blended learning solutions including preparing course materials (online, virtual and face to face), observing programs, reviewing development work, and providing direction and coaching to ensure learning transfer and application in the field.
This is not a virtual/remote opportunity. Position will work out of our Northfield, IL headquarters.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborating with key stakeholders including Sales Training Directors, business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to assess training needs and learning objectives to recommend the best solutions
- Serve as learning expert for Sales and other Medline departments involved in training others as a part of their roles
- Apply expert-level knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, design theory, learning tools, industry resources, and measurement and evaluation methods
- Use instructional design methodology to design, develop and/or deliver blended learning including online, face to face instructor led and virtual classroom
- Prepare course materials in relation to programs or course outline developed with internal customer
- Reinforce quality standards for learning assets created by Sales Training and champion risk taking and alternative approaches to benefit the reps
- Provide key input to facilitators on techniques to improve adoption of content
- Use knowledge of rapid development tools and capabilities to ensure learning transfer
Bachelor's degree Instructional Design, Business, Communications, Psychology, or Organizational Development or other related
At least 3-5 years designing online, in-person and blended learning solutions. Prior experience collaborating with subject matter experts to understand content and learning requirements. Past experience working with eLearning developers to execute course design.
Knowledge and application of training needs analysis, design, development, delivery and measurement
Knowledge of emerging learning technologies
Intermediate skill level with rapid development tools such as Storyline or Captivate
Involvement in online learning creation, such as building quizzes, simulations, editing video/audio and working within photo/video editing suites
Able to coach on facilitation skills in virtual and face to face training sessions
Experience developing learning assets such as design documents, scripts, presentation decks, leader guides, participant guides and handouts or job aids
Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state). Typically to attend Medline national sales meetings.
Master’s degree in Business, Communications, Psychology or Organizational Development