Global Sourcing Manager - NamicGLO01001ANorthfield, Illinois
Medline has an immediate opening for a Global Sourcing Manager in the Namic Division based in the corporate offices in Northfield, IL. This position will manage the sourcing and supply of components used for the assembly of custom fluid management kits by negotiating supplier price reductions, analyzing price increases, resolving price discrepancies and overseeing vendors. Work closely with product management on new product launches. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a solid education or background in Business Management, Engineering or Procurement, and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional negotiation and analytical skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts, product promotions, cost reductions and long-term contracts with suppliers.
- Negotiate cost reductions that align with a decrease in raw materials index. Manage costs and multi sourcing on raw materials and packaging components. Including but not limited to corrugate suppliers, pouch material, resin, etc.
- Develop and implement supplier contracts. Facilitate the negotiation of the terms and ensure all suppliers have active agreement in place. Implement process for managing contracts, maintaining order minimums and extending agreements in a timely manner when necessary.
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify product development opportunities for line expansion. Develop method for vetting suppliers in the development process and documenting.
- Work closely with Inventory Management and Manufacturing Plant to make sure Medline choice items are at appropriate stock levels
- Identify duplication across product lines and facilitate the transition by working closely with the manufacturing team, suppliers and inventory management.
- Review and understand any technical requirements for product development. Partner with QA to ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and complete.
- Manage activity for Medline part numbers. Create new part numbers in the system for non-sterile components and sterile finished goods.
- Resolve supplier quality issues. Calculate debits for replacement products and service interruptions with Quality Department assistance. Communicate debits to suppliers on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the reorder buying group with problem suppliers when all efforts to resolve communication efforts have failed.
- Align strategically with Shanghai colleagues to identify and validate new suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of directly related industry experience.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices and reconciling differences.
- Experienced in documenting procedures and internal controls.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- SAP, AS400 and Microsoft Access knowledge and experience.