Process Tech II - 12 HR AM ShiftTEC01001SMUNDELEIN, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, ensure the efficient operation of mold room equipment and machinery.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set Molds, startup and shut down injection molding machine, and understand complex functions of the injection molding process as specified by work order or setup parameter sheet and meeting all requirements such as correct sequence, proper setup, shutdown, mold storage, and lockout-tag out procedures.
- Perform machine testing during and after setup. Install and test machine monitor equipment and safety devices.
- Troubleshoot and correct a variety of issues. Monitor machine performance to optimize process and resolve problems. Escalate complex problems.
- Assists in root cause analysis on machine issues and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Write maintenance work orders for part quality and general machine issues.
- Identify and document process parameters (such as hot runner controls).
- Ensures machines, tools, molds, and their critical surfaces, as well as general work space is clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 3 years general manufacturing experience.
Certification / Licensure:
- Master Molder I or equivalent.
- eDart Template or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge of injection molding machines.
- Able to identify and explain each part and function of the mold, machine. HMI screens, and material loading vacuum systems. Demonstrates proper mold tool use.
- Able to identify and utilize safety features of molding cell such as E-stop locations and hot runner alarms.