Transportation CoordinatorTRA01004MMundelein, Illinois
Answer and respond to Operations Service Inquiries (OSI) and inbound calls from sales reps and other Medline employees.
- Primary goal of position includes but is not limited to answering OSIs, answering inbound calls from sales reps and other Medline employees.
- Determine which modes of transportation are to be used to move products or raw materials between branches, into our manufacturing facilities, or to Medline Customers.
- Communicate and interact with carriers, operations and sales team, as well as some interaction with our customers, as required.
- Assist and participate with various department initiatives such as the scheduling initiative and inside delivery initiative.
- Secure rush carriers and rescues, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years exp experience serving as a Transportation Coordinator or related position.
- Knowledge of transportation practices.
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis.
- Degree in Logistics / Transportation / Finance / Business or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SAP.