Bilingual Assistant Production Supervisor - 2ND ShiftPRO0100RXWaukegan, Illinois
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the supervision of 2nd Shift Production employees by coordinating day-to-day Production tasks. When issues arise, the Assistant Supervisor works closely with Production Supervisor to address concerns.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure daily production goals are met as defined by Production Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensure information reported into Pro-Track is accurate and consistent with procedures and policies as developed by production and engineering.
- Play an active role in the Kaizen program by improving, implementing, and training.
- Report daily discrepancies. Work closely with Quality Control to find ways to improve efficiency to meet Medline quality standards.
- Review and/or update documents and modify as needed, Verify procedures are followed.
- Assist in training new employees on procedures/documents. Work closely with Auditors.
- Back up Supervisor (as needed). Prepare ECN’S and forward to Document control. Communicate changes to all shifts. Prepare electronic ECN’s to have pictures updated.
- Assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues.
EDUCATION:High school diploma or equivalent.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of experience coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
- Experience in production procedures/documents.
- Basic skill level in AS400.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Must be able to work daily overtime (2-3 hours) on regular basis up to 6 days a week.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, required.