HR ManagerGEN01004LTracy, California
Medline's HR team has an exciting new opportunity for a Human Resources Manager based at our warehouse in Tracy, CA. Under the direction of the Regional HR Manager, the HR Manager implements and ensures quality human resources processes, systems, products and services to managers and employees in the serviced division. The primary focus of this job is on (1) employee relations, (2) training and employee development and (3) safety and workers’ compensation administration. The HR Manager ensures the organization's current HR requirements are met and the HR strategy is implemented effectively. This individual recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures, and prepares and maintains the handbook on policies and procedures. In addition, the Manager administers human resource and employee relations programs for specific distribution centers. The role may include labor relations or policy development responsibilities. Also, the HR Manager administers HR programs in accordance with established policies and procedures including EEO and ADA compliance. This person is typically responsible for OSHA compliance and employee safety. The HR Manager ensures the HR operation is operating in accordance with federal, state, and local employment requirements, e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, etc.
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs.
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and administration of Company HR policy. Assist management in maintaining positive employee relations. Interact with and support line managers, supervisors, as well as hourly employees in production, warehouse and front office.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment. Represent the company, when needed, at unemployment hearings. Audit and maintain current work authorizations.
- Support recruitment and selection of candidates to fill key division positions including all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor careerpathing program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Administer and maintain unit affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Work with local managers to determine training needs. Compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements. Recommend training programs and utilization to support employee and management development.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and follow-up to foster positive attitude toward company policies. Work with managers to develop proactive training plans that prepare employees to meet current and future business objectives.
- Ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job profiles and recommend evaluations. Assist local managers with salary and wage administration to ensure pay consistency and equity.
- Assist managers with current issues with Worker’s Compensation policies and procedures. Take lead role in ensuring that employees are returned to work as soon as possible. Monitor any and all restricted duty assignments. Review each claim to determine if corrective action is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years human resource experience, preferably in a multi-site capacity.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to employment and labor.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience in reviewing and reconnecting on actions and with people to ensure the completion of the task.
- Experience in controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time