Machine Operator I - 3rd ShiftMAC0100BHHowell, Michigan
Under direction of the Production Supervisor and line leads, the Operator 1 operates production equipment according to instructions to ensure proper operations, safety and product output. This role operates a variety of equipment in order to manufacture products.
- Operate line equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Load product into machine and unload/package products. Ensure labels, packaging, solutions, etc. are loaded correctly to ensure no error on the line.
- Operate automated pick and place boxing lines, loading boxes on skids, shrink wrapping, and hauling the pallets to a finished goods area with a pallet jack.
- Read and understand procedures for individual pieces of equipment to run efficiently.
- Apply understanding of the mechanical characteristics of machines adequately to set up and operate the unit safely without damaging equipment.
- Observe various machine failures and make corrections and/or get maintenance involved as needed.
- Understand the process and individual machine operating parameters adequately to produce quality products as required by established process specifications.
- Maintain awareness of product quality and adjust processes within specifications to attain high product quality.
- Document machine product attributes and parameters on required forms and logs.
- Complete regular cleaning of equipment and production areas as required.
- Perform duties as backup to other positions.
- Complete other projects as assigned by management.
- Must be able to read and understand charts, indicators, instructions on controls, operator checklists.
Read, write, and understand the English language.
Basic math skills including fractional / decimal equations.
Must be able to stand for an entire shift. Must have the ability to lift, reach, squat, push, and pull.
Requires lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
Willing to work in warm and cold environments.
Must be able to operate a pallet jack.
Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment.