Vendor Relations ManagerOTH010063Northfield, Illinois
We are seeking a Vendor Relations Manager in our Distributed Products division located in our office headquarters in Northfield, IL.
What will you do?
This individual will serve as a primary liaison between vendor and Medline and will oversee/manage a portfolio of branded suppliers to obtain best financial and operational position.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors to achieve improved financial terms and conditions
- Build collaborative partnerships with vendors.
- Develop, sell, and implement marketing programs designed to sell more profitable products and deliver value and savings to Medline customers and sales reps.
- Communicate and maintain vendor scorecards and manage vendor relationships towards achieving top level performance.
- Perform as the escalation point for all functional areas in the distribution division working with the vendor to problem solve and mediate through challenges and opportunities they arise.
- Respond to vendor related questions or issues for quick resolution.
- Plan and attend business reviews with vendors, healthcare industry and trade show events.
Why Medline? We'll let the numbers speak for us.
- 45+ years of consecutive growth (doubt-digit for the past 20)
- 20+ product divisions and counting
- 350,000+ products and counting
- 15,000 employees spanning the globe
- 100+ years in the industry. We know healthcare.
- Ranked number 47 on Forbes' 2016 list of largest privately held companies in the U.S.
- Conducting business in 90+ countries
What do you need to land the job?
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with an entrepreneurial mindset who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of marketing, product management or sales experience
- At least 2 years of experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and/or reconciling differences required.
- Distribution operations or general healthcare market experience strongly preferred.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
What can you expect once you're on board?
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx Plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot headquarters
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to employees
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle board
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting spaces
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter options!