Director of Global Sourcing - IndirectGLO01001CNorthfield, Illinois
Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Director of Global Sourcing - Indirect for our Sterile Procedure Tray Division in Waukegan, IL. This position will be primarily responsible for Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Indirect activities both international and domestic as well as select direct material sourcing activities. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional that has strong negotiating skills with a successful background in indirect sourcing. This person will need to have both strong analytical and communication skills, with a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization. In addition to exceptional leadership, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Develop and implement strategy to manage MRO indirect spend across 5 manufacturing facilities in the US and Mexico to achieve savings goals and mitigate risk.
- Compile specifications and business requirements to develop bid packages for competitive events.
- Negotiate vendor agreements related to price, terms, quality, service and delivery.
- Develop and leverage key vendor relationships driving improved performance through implementing Vendor Scorecards and related KPIs.
- Partner with internal teams including Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing and Quality.
- Work jointly with Sourcing team members in the US, Mexico and Asia. (Role may have direct reports in the US and Latin America.)
- Select direct material sourcing projects to reduce the costs of direct material components and finished goods through negotiation, cost reduction initiatives, new vendor development, and focus on TCO.
- Support Quality with SCAR, Deviations, Factory audits, product improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years experience in purchasing or sales.
- At least 2 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.
- Experience in AS400 and SAP.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers, and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style, and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers, and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Business Degree, MBA Preferred
- Strong analytical skills.
- Multiple languages would be a plus.
- 7 years in indirect sourcing or related roles.
- Experience sourcing MRO indirect spend in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Negotiating in Latin America, particularly Mexico, would be highly desirable.
- Experience in Medical Device industry or FDA regulated environment.
- General understanding of ISO and Six Sigma.
- Experience with multiple year agreement contract origination & index pricing of raw materials.