Payroll SpecialistPAY010019Northfield, Illinois
Under the direction of the Payroll Supervisor, execute the company's payroll processes and procedures.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage bi-weekly or semi-monthly payroll processing to ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed timely and accurately to maximize efficiency.
- Reconcile and validate payroll prior to transmission. Prepare banking reports, transmit ACH direct deposit, and positive pay check transactions through the automated banking system. Submit direct deposit and check file.
- Review personnel records to verify accuracy of employee data for newly hired workers and transfers/changes in wage rates and job codes. Review and approve payroll deductions.
- Process pay for annual/semi-annual processes including: Quarterly bonus payouts, Holiday Bonus, Unused Vacation, and additional routine and ad hoc variable pay requests.
- Own a key payroll process, which could include: Positive Pay, Variable Compensation, Banking, Garnishments, Badge Maintenance, Concur Expense Reimbursement.
- Verify Manual Checks as processed by the Payroll Coordinators.
- Provide input/respond to payroll email/phone questions related to area of expertise.
- Provide system access, updates, and administration for payroll systems, including Kronos and Peoplesoft.
Education & Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience processing multi-state payroll OR high school diploma or equivalent and at least 6 years of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Experience working with HRIS payroll systems.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within and between teams.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in processing multi-state payroll.
- Experience with Peoplesoft and Kronos.
- Experience processing payroll for a large organization (over 10,000 employees).