By clicking the “Submit” button I acknowledge that I have requested to be considered by Medline Industries for current or future job opportunities. I acknowledge that the information I provide will be stored in a database located in the US, which is the property of Medline Industries, Inc. for the purposes of processing this information. This information may be shared with Medline Industries, Inc. and agents for recruiting purposes. I understand that I have the right of access to and the right to rectify the data concerning me, according to applicable privacy laws. I understand that these rights can be exercised by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and that more information can be found on Medline careers web site.
Notice At Collection
For Employees Residing In California
Medline Industries, Inc. (“Medline” or the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice At Collection For Employees Residing In California (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects about employees who reside in California; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
- “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its employees, who reside in California, in their capacity as the Company’s employees.
Assistance For Disabled Employees
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact your Human Resources representative for assistance.
Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
Identifiers: name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, signature, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, bank account name and number for direct deposits, driver’s license number or state identification card number, and passport number.
Professional or Employment-Related Information: compensation, bonuses, equity grants, benefits, attendance, evaluations, performance reviews, discipline, personnel files, expenses, education, corporate credit card details, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, work eligibility in order to comply with legal requirements, and current and past employment history.
- Purposes of Use:
- To manage personnel and employment matters
- To maintain a personnel file
- To administer compensation, bonuses, other forms of compensation, and benefits
- To manage vacation, sick leave, and other leaves of absence
- To provide training
- To evaluate job performance and consider employees for other internal positions
- To develop a talent pool and plan for succession
- For diversity and inclusion programs
- To conduct employee surveys
- To engage in crisis management
- To fulfill recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities
- To maintain an internal employee directory and for purposes of identification
- To facilitate communication, interaction and collaboration among employees
- To manage employee-related emergencies, including health emergencies
- To arrange and manage Company-sponsored events and public service activities
- Workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis
Monitoring, Security, And Compliance:
- To monitor use of Company information systems and other electronic resources
- To conduct internal audits
- To conduct internal investigations
- To administer the Company’s Ethics Point hotline
- To protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities
- To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations
Conducting Our Business:
- For communications with prospective, current, and former customers
- To make business travel arrangements
- To engage in project management
- To manage business expenses and reimbursements
- To promote the business
- To provide a directory and contact information for prospective and current customers and business partners
- Personal Information Categories From Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
The Company collects categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e) (other than those already listed in “Identifiers,” above) as follows for the purposes listed below:
- Photograph and physical description: (a) for security and internal identification purposes, and (b) to identify employees to co-workers, prospective and current customers, and other third parties;
- Medical information: (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act; (c) for workers’ compensation purposes; (d) for occupational health surveillance; (e) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; (f) to conduct fitness-for-duty examinations; (g) to administer leaves of absence and sick time; (h) to provide a wellness program; and (i) to respond to an employee’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
The Company collects information voluntarily provided about race, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act.
The Company may also collect the following characteristics (in addition to those listed above) to accommodate specific requests made by an employee: (a) religion; (b) sex (includes gender, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions; also, sexual orientation); (c) disability; (d) marital status; (e) age, and (f) familial status.
The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: disability, familial status, marital status, and pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions as necessary to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act and California law; military and veteran status as necessary to comply with leave requirements under applicable law; age incidentally to the use of birth date for birthday celebrations and identity verification; religion and pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions as necessary for accommodations under applicable law; national origin as necessary to comply with immigration laws; and marital status and familial status as necessary to provide benefits and for tax purposes.
The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects biometric information, including the following: fingerprints and behavioral characteristics.
- Purposes of Use: to track clock-in and clock-out time using biometric information, to control access to secure facilities, to monitor use of Company information systems and other electronic resources or information systems, and to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities.
Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects information about employees' use of the Internet or other similar network activity, including the following: browsing history, search history, log in/out and activity on the Company's electronic resources, and information regarding an employee's interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement, and publicly available social media activity.
- Purposes of Use: to monitor use of the Company's information systems and other electronic resources or information systems, to conduct internal audits, to conduct internal investigations, to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities, and to impose discipline.
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects geolocation data, including the following: (a) information that can be used to determine a mobile device’s physical location; (b) information that can be used to determine a vehicle’s physical location; and (c) information that can be used to determine an employee’s physical location, for example, through a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip in a security badge.
- Purposes of Use: to assist with routing, to confirm that an employee has arrived and left an off-site work location when scheduled, for customer service purposes, to provide training, to manage employee-related emergencies, to monitor the safety of an employee, to monitor compliance with Company policies, to determine whether to discipline employees, and to provide expense reimbursement.
Sensory Or Surveillance Data
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects sensory or surveillance data, including the following: recordings of customer service telephone calls and footage from video surveillance cameras.
- Purposes of Use: to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities and personnel through video surveillance, to monitor compliance with Company policies, to provide training, for quality assurance, and to determine whether to discipline employees.
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects education information, including the following: academic transcripts.
- Purposes of Use: to determine eligibility for employment, to determine suitability for internal roles and promotions, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects profile data, including the following: individual preferences, characteristics, psychological assessments and trends, predispositions, and behavior.
- Purposes of Use: to determine suitability for employment.
Background Screening Information
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects background screening information, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; employment history; drug testing; and educational history.
- Purposes of Use: to determine eligibility for employment, to screen employees for risks to the Company and continued suitability for their jobs, and to evaluate employees for internal promotions.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use employees’ Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning;
- to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company’s business operations.
If you have any questions about this notice or its contents, please contact:
Medline Industries, Inc.
Three Lakes Drive
Northfield, IL 60093
If you would like to submit a data request online, you can complete a correction or deletion request here: https://privacyportal-cdn.cookiepro.com/dsarwebform/a3de143b-c724-4925-9b22-996b15a83a70/45f9922c-e21e-4344-bc83-903ee6c07086.html